Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Our new home/explanation for our exhaustion:

A day before this last break, we moved into a new apartment. We loved our place at SeaLofts, but decided that it was more important to be all on one level. We found a great apartment in a community just two down (and even closer to the pizza place, which is always a good thing!). The only problem is that since we moved in, Beau has been sleeping in a Big Boy Bed. This would never have happened under the age of 2 if we had a normal crib for him. But given that our choices were between a queen size bed and continuing for another year in a pack n' play, which, according to some (Cody Doyle) was borderline child abuse, we went with the queen. The unfortunate result is that Andrew and I have switched off being on-call every single night since we moved here. At any moment in the night, our child can call out to us to lie down in his bed (he says "down, Mommy"). And no, he won't go back to sleep without us laying down. And yes, he will climb right out of his bed if we refuse to go to his room.

RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE???!!!


(Beau's room)

Loving our new place. Hating Beau's Big Boy Bed! Feeling very tired... all the time!!
("Our" room)
(Kitchen)


(Living room -- feast your eyes on these funkayyy couches! OISK!)

8 comments:

  1. Only In St. Kitts, I love it! Love the apartment, hope Beau gets used to the new bed! And also, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. recommendation - opinion - my thoughts about the bed? All my children slept in my bed until they were ready not to....my feeling..they needed me when the sun was out..why not when it wasn't? Enjoy it...there is no right or wrong.
    Love and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the new place! As for the sleeping issues, we are going through the same EXACT thing with Riley right now. We just transitioned him to the big boy bed this week because he climbed out of his crib a couple of times, and he's developed this crazy "you sit" syndrome. He basically holds us hostage until he's asleep and then needs us again when he wakes up to go back to sleep. Hoping that this stage passes quickly - I'm not giving in. This kid is sleeping in his own room. Good luck to you as well. May we all get a bit more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new place. I can't wait to see it sometime. Being a non-Mommy I can't offer any recommendations regarding the Beau situation. But what I can do is wish you luck and hope that Beau gets used to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessie--I'm pathetically sending along a "thank you" via your blog from last year. Thanks again for your incredible help, and I wish you and your family the very best on your next adventure in Philly. Please let me know if you need anything over there as I have friends and family at UPenn and nearby. xoxo, Yeonwoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jessie,
    I know that this blog has not been active in a while, but I wanted to message you because I will soon be moving to St. Kitts with a baby. My husband has been accepted to the UMHS medical school and we will have a 3 month old at the time when we are scheduled to move over there. I am nervous to say the least and would love to hear any recommendations you have for moving with a baby! Also, if you have any advice for making the most out of living on St. Kitts with a little one, I would greatly appreciate it! :)

    Thank you so much!

    Christin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hi Christin,
      I originally moved to the SK with a three month old. I'm off Island right now but coming back in a few weeks. If you still need some suggestions let me know (reply), it can be a little daunting getting acclimated to the island life.
      April

      Delete